Born in Italy, from a very young age Nico showed a strong interest in the arts.
He studied ballet for five years and gave his very first concert when he was still in the kindergarten.
Nico works as a senior corporate Manager at Nestlé in Austria and can speak fluently 6 languages
(english, french, spanish, italian, german and chinese mandarin).
Recent roles include:
- Lescaut in Puccini’s Manon Lescaut with Brent Opera (London 2016)
- Colline in Puccini’s La Bohème with Mediterranean Opera Festival (Italy 2017) and Instant Opera (London 2019)
- Figaro in Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro at the Estates Theatre in Prague with Prague Summer Nights (2018)
- Angelotti with Mediterranean Opera Festival (Italy 2017) and with Nadine Benjamin´s Everybody Can Opera (London 2019)
- Leporello in Mozart´s Don Giovanni in Teatro Comunale in Vicenza (July 2019), at the Rudolstadt Teather (February 2020) and also at the Vienna Opera festival (Aug 2020)
- Uberto in Pergolesi's La Serva Padrona at the Opera Viva Festival in Netherlands in 2020 and 2021
- Don Alfonso in Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte for Vienna Oper festival in August 2021
Next roles include Dulcamara in Donizetti's Elisir d'amore for Opera Viva festival in Holland, Sarastro in Mozart's Magic Flute and Simone in Puccini's Gianni Schicchi that Nico will perform at the teatro comunale in Vicenza, Italy in July 2022
Nico has worked and has had masterclasses with some of the greatest musicians from around the world including Kamal Khan, Felice Venanzoni, John Nardolillo, Jonathan Santagada, Davide Perniceni, Leonardo Catalanotto, Nadine Benjamin, Carlos Conde, Anthea Parashchack, Richard Black, Michael Avery, Jack LiVigni, John Tomlinson, Nelly Miricioiu, James Newby, Benjamin Zander, Chris Crans, Stefano Vignati, Damon Nestor Ploumis and Oliver Weder.
"In the title role of Figaro was Nico Laruina, whose opening duettinos “Cinque, dieci, venti,” and “Se a caso madama la notte” were both charming and playful, and established early on his chemistry with Juyeon Yoo"
- Opera Wire
"Italian bass-baritone Nico Laruina set the bar high with
a well-defined and vocally strong Angelotti"